- The new functionality is the answer IT managers have been looking for.
- As one put it: “We were daunted about having to configure Teams for each different use case, and how we’d stop content from becoming unmanageable--especially from a security and data protection standpoint. Then we heard about Repstor custodian.”
SharePoint Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA – May 21st, 2019 – Repstor, the provider of embedded Microsoft Office 365/Outlook information solutions, has announced the availability of new information compliance controls for Microsoft Teams, in direct response to market demand.
The soaring popularity of Microsoft Teams confirms the intuitive way people want to be able to collaborate today – on projects, ideas, problem-solving and decision-making. But without governance and control, Teams use can create new chaos for information and IT managers.
Repstor custodian tackles this issue, bringing new control, templating and lifecycle management capabilities to Microsoft Teams workspaces, just as it does to regular SharePoint collaboration. It ensures collaboration can happen fluidly in the forums users prefer, but without undermining compliance with information management policy.
If users are creating or adding to Microsoft Teams, or sharing Office 365 files with other members, custodian controls what’s possible, so IT managers and information officers don’t need to worry about the types of teams being created, their lifespan or how information is being shared externally.
“Rather than hamper the way people want to work, custodian manages the entire lifecycle of collaboration workspaces and their contents so teams can focus fully on what they need to achieve,” Fergus Wilson, Repstor’s CTO, explains.
- Full exploitation of Microsoft Teams without later information management issues
- Create new Team workspaces out of the box with defined layouts and content controls
- Manage the full evolution and lifecycle of Teams – from initial creation, to project end
- Control who can set up a Team and what’s permitted based on roles and functions
- Apply controls to group chat, file upload areas, wikis and notes
- Users can easily add email into Teams directly from Outlook
- Prevent sensitive content from getting into the wrong hands, or being kept too long
- No more silos as Team activity becomes easy to track at a glance
In response to news of the addition of Microsoft Teams governance and information compliance capabilities within Repstor custodian, IT managers’ comments have included:
“Teams proliferation has been a worry for us but with the control added by Repstor we have a clear way forward to allow self-service with the right level of control.”
“We were daunted about having to configure Teams for each different use case, and how we’d stop content from becoming unmanageable--especially from a security and data protection standpoint. Then we heard about Repstor custodian.”
More on Repstor custodian can be found here.
Attending SharePoint Las Vegas? Why not swing by booth #609 and see Repstor custodian at work.