Eurostar is the only high-speed train service directly linking the UK to France and Belgium via the Channel Tunnel. A company at the cutting edge of innovation in its industry, Eurostar aims to set the standard for international train travel.
For the past three years the company has been using Alfresco to manage vital operational documentation that’s essential to the smooth running of this trail blazing international railway.
With the help of Zaizi a major mobile collaboration project is now live to further extend the benefits of Alfresco to the company’s 360-strong train crew workforce.
“Our mobile train crews are already equipped with iPhones and iPads. We are currently using a secure custom Alfresco mobile app that Zaizi has build to ensure Train Managers, Drivers and Traction Inspectors have the latest safety manuals and regulations at their fingertips”
- Store engineering documentation in a central repository, making it instantly searchable and available to international offices and enabling a mobile engineering workforce in the future
- New and powerful digital asset management capabilities
- Versatility to deliver information resources at the point of need
- Delivering capability for the elimination of complex, manual and paper based systems and processes enabling fast digital access to key Safety, Engineering and Operational information
- Comprehensive audit trail and governance to comply with regulatory and safety requirements
- Streamlined information distribution, management, and access controls.
- Enable secure collaboration and information sharing across international boundaries, with plans to incorporate up to 360 on board, station-based and roving operational personnel